English As a Second Language (ESL) for TeachersOnline Licensable Minor or Certification Program
Prepare yourself to help others become proficient in speaking and reading English
The English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher program at Concordia University Wisconsin prepares individuals who serve or wish to serve English language learners (ELL). With this minor or certification program, you can assist your ELL students to become proficient in academic English and prepare them for their education and career goals. If you work in non-profit settings or areas with a high number of ELLs, the ESL program will give you a solid knowledge-base for work with an ELL population.
The ESL curriculum can be taken as a minor or certification program. Individuals who complete the ESL program who are currently licensed or eligible for Wisconsin DPI Teacher licensure are eligible for licensure: ESL #395.
Program Features & Benefits
- Courses are offered entirely online, which provides you with flexibility to complete course work during times that work best for you.
- ESL program instructors are highly qualified and impactful classroom practitioners.
- Clinical hours are required, and allow you to connect theory with classroom experiences in real schools and can be completed while on the job.
- The Master of Science in Education (MSEd) Teaching and Learning program accepts all ESL courses as electives.
- The ESL Teacher program is a licensable minor option in the Graduate Teacher Certification program. Students must first complete their major teaching license program.